The contact details of the Data Protection Officer who is responsible for GDPR: Stefano Petrullo, Founder, Renaissance PR: stefano@Renaissancepr.biz
Who is Renaissance PR?
Renaissance PR provides Public Relations Services worldwide. Our database contains the contact details of journalists and influencer we work with to promote our clients’ interests and products. Stefano Petrullo founded Renaissance PR in 2015 and acts as a limited company with the help of agents appointed on case by case on specific project.
Stefano Petrullo is a ‘data controller’ in respect of the personal information that it collects and stores from both journalists and clients.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We only collect basic personal data about both journalists and our clients including name, email, phone number and in some instances office address and home addresses for delivery of goods.
We collect this personal information about journalists by a number of means including:
• Identifying bylines in papers, online sites and magazines
• By communicating with journalists as a part of our daily job in maintaining relations in the interest of our client and our own company.
• By following journalists updating their status on various platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter and other relevant sites/social media platform.
We collect the personal information about our clients once entered in business conversation or been contacted for business opportunity. We also collect personal information about you when you contact or interact with us through our website www.renaissancepr.co.uk and or if you write to us.
What is the purpose of collecting the personal data as well as the legal basis for the processing?
We collect, store and handle the personal information of both journalists and relevant companies for our legitimate interest in fulfilling our Public Relations activities (press release dissemination, targeted news story and feature pitches pertaining our clients, sending game playable code digitally or physically etc).
Renaissance PR represents the interests of professionals/companies working in the games industry.
No database is shared externally to third party or client of Renaissance PR LTD. The database access is restricted only to people that work for Renaissance PR.
It also serves the interests of journalists who write about the companies that Renaissance PR LTD represents. Journalists also will often need to communicate with Renaissance PR LTD when researching articles. Likewise, Renaissance PR LTD keeps journalists informed of corporate news via telephone, emails and press releases. The relationship between Renaissance PR and journalists is established and respected.
Renaissance PR LTD represents its professional clients with journalists to allow them to be informed and write articles pertaining to the business of our clients in the relevant publication the journalists work for/with.
We only collect personal data from journalists that we need in order to provide and oversee Public Relations to our clients. We believe in and carry out a policy of data minimisation. Renaissance PR – Stefano Petrullo holds no sensitive data on journalists (eg religious views, health history or criminal records).
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) collect, store and use your personal information listed above for the following purposes:
Inform you of relevant product from our clients you would be interested to write about.
Invite to relevant product presentation, international event relevant toy our business / publication .
To provide our Clients with services that they request in the field of public relations.
Where either journalist/client have given us their consent, to contact them (including by SMS and e-mail, twitter, Facebook and general social platforms) with products which we think may interest them.
We may also handle personal information to keep our website secure and to ensure that our processes and procedures are as secure as possible.
We also collect, store and use the contact details of our clients to keep them informed on our result, present new business opportunities etc.
Who are our clients?
Renaissance PR represents different companies in the game industry worldwide These include:
• Game Developers
• Game Publishers
• Event companies
• Agency PRs that appoint us for carry specific promotional activity in either UK, EU, US or WW
What do we do with your data?
All the personal data that we handle is processed by our staff in the UK. All our staff are aware, of our data protection policies.
Journalists’ personal information can only be accessed via GSuite and only by Renaissance PR staff and authorized contractors during the exercise of Renaissance PR daily activities only.
Their personal details are restricted to only Renaissance PR and associates for the sole aim to carry on Renaissance PR clients duties. All the data held is stored securely on Google Cloud Servers using GSuite admin tools.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us but no transit on over the internet can ever be guaranteed so we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transfer over the internet to us.
What we do with journalists’ data?
Renaissance PR – keep journalists informed of corporate/product and clients news via telephone, emails and press releases /digital games distribution and 1 to 1 conversation. The relationship between Renaissance PR and journalists are established and respected.
Renaissance PR will use journalist data in order to:
• Call or return a call from a journalist following an enquiry
• Introduce their spokespeople to the journalist
• To send products to the journalists
• To send press releases / products updates
• To correct inaccurate stories written by journalists.
• To pitch editorial opportunities to a publication/freelance journalist
Renaissance PR also spends considerable time updating the database on the moves of journalists to and from publications / outlets to make sure the data it holds is accurate.
Renaissance PR only wants to connect to journalists who have a genuine interest in a topic and a product we represent. We try to achieve this aim by focusing on the following:
• We are more discriminate how we sector journalists (mainstream, gaming, influencers)
• Renaissance PR focus its communication on those with a provable interest.
If you think Renaissance PR and its team are not using the data we hold on journalists appropriately, then we can remove your personal data from our press lists.
How we share your personal information and who we share it with
We do not share your personal information to our clients, however we disclose information under the following circumstances:
• Third-party service providers:When we share information with third-party service companies to facilitate or to provide certain services on our behalf. This will include:
• IT infrastructure companies that facilitate our daily job
• IT support service providers. These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
• Merger or acquisition: When we need to transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified afterwards via e-mail and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
How long do we keep your data?
Renaissance PR constantly checks to see if the journalists on our database are still working at the outlets assigned to as well as still having a career in journalism. If a journalist leaves the world of journalism, we remove that journalist from our database and remove all personal data relating to that journalist from any PR lists that we keep on our database. We work on 6 month cycles to verify the data and make sure it is still relevant, if the journalist is still working in journalism, then we will retain the relevant personal information. For our clients we hold their data so long as they are in an agreed contract with us.
What are your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold?
You have the following rights:
• to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
• to ask us to update or correct any out of date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you (in accordance with applicable data protection legislation);
• (where we are handling your personal information in order to perform a contract between us – therefore clients) to request that we send you (or another data controller) your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (in accordance with applicable data protection laws); and
• the right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please write to us to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you object to our processing of your personal information for certain purposes or you want us to stop using or to delete your personal information, you can contact us and tell us why. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your personal information but, if that is the case, we’ll let you know and tell you why.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data,you can contact us to have the matter investigated. Please contact us at Stefano@renaissancepr.co.uk
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal information accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/ or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by us and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analysing trends, administering our website, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.